Nobody should have to choose between paying the bills and buying healthy groceries. The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program is a supplemental nutrition program that provides healthy food, breastfeeding support, and nutrition education. WIC is available to income eligible moms who are pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum along with dads, foster parents, and grandparents, or any guardian of a child under 5 years old. SNAP and Head Start participants automatically qualify.
Pondera County WIC strives to be effective in contributing to healthy pregnancies, thriving babies, and helping children be ready to learn.
WIC Participants Receive
• Free, healthy food
• One-on-one consulting with nutritionists
• Breastfeeding support
• Free nutritional screenings
• Nutrition Education
WIC Eligibility Requirements
• Pregnant woman
• Breastfeeding woman with an infant under 12 months of age
• Non-breastfeeding woman up to 6 months of postpartum
• Infant under 12 months of age
• Child 1 to 5 years of age
• Children participating in Medicaid, TANF, and free or reduced-price school lunch
Fathers, custodial grandparents, foster parents, or guardians may apply for their children.
WIC Enrollment Appointment Records Needed
• Identification for all participants
(Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, Social Security Card, or Medicaid Card)
• Proof of residence
• Proof of income for all members of the household